Regathering for Worship
Hello! We are looking forward to gathering in person for worship. We fully understand that some will choose not to come at this time. As you discern whether to participate with us in worship from home or in person, please read through the information provided below. Please know that you are a beloved member of our community, regardless of how you participate in Sunday worship!
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Pastor Joel Warren with any questions you have.
LOCATION: Morgan’s on Fulton (950 W Fulton St, Chicago, IL 60607)
- There are now several parking meters in the vicinity. The best places to park around the church are on Wayman St. and Carpenter St. near the church.
- Cornerstone entrances will be clearly marked with sandwich board signs and greeters!
We will implement the following safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID at Cornerstone’s services.
Each service will be capped at 50 people (including service leaders and volunteers), in accordance with the requirements of the City of Chicago. Attendees will be required to pre-register each week and verify that they 1) do not have COVID or symptoms, and 2) are willing to wear a mask.
When you arrive, a greeter will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. No one with a fever will be permitted to enter.
All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized in between services. Hand Sanitizer will be available at several marked hand sanitizer stations.
Everyone ages 3 and up will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times within the building. We will make one brief exception each week when we consume communion together (see below for more details).
We will take measures to keep attendees at the recommended 6 feet of distance.
- Seats will be grouped together with 6 feet of distance between each grouping.
- No offering basket will be passed during the service. Instead, we encourage you to give online.
- Weather permitting, we will have a space outside after the service designated for people to mingle and chat with coffee or hot chocolate.
We will take extra precautions around taking communion:
- On weeks a celebrant is present, only the celebrant will consume wine. Otherwise, only bread will be served.
- The usher will have hand sanitizer available for individuals as they are released from their seats.
- Please wear your mask as you walk up to the altar, receive communion, and return to your seat still masked.
- Once back to your seat, you may remove your mask, take communion, and then put your mask back on.
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The service will be shortened; we expect each service to be 75 minutes.